Cook-Off Rules & Information
1. BBQ Entry Fee is $100 (Pork Spare Ribs, Brisket, & Chicken) and is a 100% payout. The number of places paid will be determined by the number of entries
2. Entry Fee is $25 per special division (Wild Game & Big Bacon Classic). Trophies ONLY will be awarded to the winners of each category
3. Each team is responsible for supplying their own meat for entry
4. While the meat can be pre-marinated it must be cooked during the allotted cook-off time.
5. No ingredient may be pre-cooked in any way prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground. MEAT MAY NOT BE PRE- COOKED, in any manner. All other ingredients must be chopped or prepared during the preparation period.
6. Turn in times are as follows:
3:00pm – Wildgame
3:20pm – Big Bacon
3:40pm – Chicken
4:00pm – Pork Spare Ribs
4:20pm - Brisket
7. A contestant’s meeting will take place at 10:00 AM to issue official containers as well as review contest rules. This will also be the time to ask any questions you may have. The Cook-off gate will open at 3:00 PM Friday
8. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking utensils, etc. A spot will be provided for each team.
9. A container with one pound of meat will be submitted for judging for each category
10. ALL COOK-OFF SPACES must be cleared off no later than 3:00 PM Sunday, but if you choose to leave your equipment on the grounds overnight, it is AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are not responsible for loss or damage.
11. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number by the Cook-off Director and be given a container per category. Each contestant should verify that the number on the bottom of their container is the same as their assigned contestant number. Each contestant is responsible to deliver their container to the judging area at or just before the official times for judging. no exceptions.
12. Judges will be told they should vote for the entries they like best based on the following major considerations: good flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
13. Cook-off results and awards ceremony will be held in front of the LCFA office at 6:30pm
14. Wildgame entries can be made from deer, hog, quail, dove, etc and will be judged on taste, look, and presentation.
15. EVERYBODY LOVES BACON! The best recipe wins and is not limited to BBQ but must have bacon in it
The Enchilada Cook-Off -
Entry into the enchilada cook-off is free!
A $100 cash prize and trophy will be given to the winning entry.
Entries will be judged on flavor, texture, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
All entries must consist of 1 dozen (12) enchiladas. Some will be used for judging while the rest are presented for the public to sample.
Turn in time for enchiladas is 3:30PM on Sunday October 15. The Winners will be announced at 5:00PM.